1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoo you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 22, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In my old view, this is too much:

http://www.miamiherald.com/589/story/114564.html

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Didn't Ray Bradbury write a story about that guy?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd get a tattoo that says, "'I [Heart shape] Billy Koch'' on my buttock for $2,000. But that's just me.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Never understood the fascination with all that tattooing. Doesn't that guy ever wake up, look in the mirror and go, 'What the hell did I do all this for?'

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Probably not which is why you don't understand it.

I don't think $2K is enough to place the heart tattoo on his ass.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's like waking up next to a beer-goggled mistake .... every morning of your life.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not necessarily a mistake.

If I had to do it again, I'd do it.

The day after graduating from basic training, me and my bunk mate went to get tatoos. Not a "beer-goggled mistake" in any way.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Over 90 percent of your body?

9. To each his own. I'm sure there are things that you like to do that he doesn't.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

And they ain't cheap either, as TBF can attest. (Well, they can be, but that's not a road we want to go down.) The one I've got is about 4" x 1.5" high, three colors, and it cost like $210. And that was back in '93. The bigger and more elaborate you are, the price goes waaay up.

He's easily got a couple thousand dollars worth of tattoos.

Look at the bright side, Moddy: You don't have to live with it. And thanks to MLB, you don't have to look at it, either.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Nuff said.
    [​IMG]

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine might as well be the Illustrated Man. He has both arms, legs, some of his chest and his back done. He's 6'4" and has a lion's heads on his back (I think I gave him the idea after seeing the tattoo of a lion former boxer Andy Ganigan had on his back). He said that tattoo cost $8,000 (I think the artist - his regular guy - gave him a deal) and it's incredible. He figures he's spent over $20,000 on ink.

Draft saved Draft deleted