1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tats on a woman - does it do anything for you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 9, 2008.

?

Tats on a woman - does it do anything for you?

1. Love them

9.7%
  2. Like them a little

14.5%
  3. No opinon

10.5%
  4. Dislike them a little

23.4%
  5. Hate them

41.9%
  1. wheateater

wheateater Member

For me, tattoos are in the same category as moles, scars, rashes, etc. They may carry meaning to the inked person, but to me they are simply an ugly and unnecessary detraction from one's appearance.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In college, I talked one of my friends out of getting the barbed wire tattoo on his biceps that were so popular back in the early 1990s.

I said, "Do you really think this will look cool in 20 years?"

Every time I see him he thanks me.

3. Mizzougrad96

Most of us have had very little say in where our scars are.

Scars add character.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

The barbed wire arm band is about as dumb as it gets.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm too straight-laced to get a tat.

In fact, I hate facial hair too. Everytime I go too long without shaving, I feel like I dipped my face in a bowl of Grape Nuts. I just feel dirty (literally, not figuratively, I'm always figuratively dirty). I can imagine I'd feel the same with a tat. Plus, I'm not sure my supple ass would abide.

Come to think of it, I don't like my hair to get too long either. I'm beginning to wonder whether I want a no-frills body like, say, Powder from the movie, er, Powder.

But alas, I am trapped in this adonis-like body God bestowed upon me. I have to stop hating myself for being beautiful.

(Like you, I had no inclination this thread was going to turn into farcical ego-exercise it ultimately became)

BACK TO THE TATS!

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, getting your boyfriend's name in a tramp stamp is as dumb as it gets. The barbed wire one is second ;)

7. Mizzougrad96

I agree, but about 12-15 years ago they were all the rage...

8. pallister

pallister Guest

True, SC. Any tattoo with the Tasmanian Devil is third.

9. Mizzougrad96

Covering hoops a few years back one of the players had his name tattooed on his arm.

One of the other writers asked him jokingly, "Did you put your name there in case you forget how to spell it?"

Player didn't think it was funny, especially when the PR guy lost it while trying to keep from laughing.

10. wheateater

wheateater Member

Poor choice on my part, I actually agree.

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, that was the popular one when I was in high school. Any Looney Tunes character.

How much of a dipshit would you feel like if you were 35 with Tweety Bird on your shoulder?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Didn't you suggest I get the Tasmanian Devil in a press hat??

Draft saved Draft deleted