1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tats on a woman - does it do anything for you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 9, 2008.

?

Tats on a woman - does it do anything for you?

1. Love them

9.7%
  2. Like them a little

14.5%
  3. No opinon

10.5%
  4. Dislike them a little

23.4%
  5. Hate them

41.9%
  1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I took my son to the local indoor playground last night (it was raining), and I swear to God, Mrs. Bubbler was the only woman in the building without a tattoo, including one woman with the aforementioned, and well-advertised, tramp stamp.

I felt like I was swimming inside a Bic pen.

SOMEONE is attracted by these tattoos, or, someone thinks people are attracted by tats.

2. I have six tattoos. All of mine can be covered easily. Now, my thought is that I love them on me and others. It has to be tastefully done. If it's a former significant other's name or something that just is disgusting, then no I don't like them.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

;D

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Seems like the most recession-proof business in America is tattoo artist ... or, as Arnold pointed out, tattoo removal. We have got to be at an all-time high for garish tatt work right now. Not judging, it just seems especially obvious during the summer with people wearing less clothes that everybody and their mother has run to their local parlor and started their "Get Your Fifth Tatt Free" card. When I was in college I knew maybe two people with tattoos. Now I work at a college and it seems like maybe two of my hundred or so students don't have them.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's a posuer thing. You wouldn't understand.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought it would be a 50/50 split on love them and hate them. These results are suprising me.

What I expected was passionate responses in both directions, and it seems like that is what is happening.

As far as the man/woman thing, I find women attractive and men not so much, so that is the reason for the thread title.

Oh, sorry if this is a D_B.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They seem to have become more prevalent over the last 5-10 years for some reason. I guess it's cyclical like most fashions.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I saw that coming. With a pair of binoculars. :D

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm not saying I wouldn't go home with her drunk and jam her. I'm saying I wouldn't date her or marry her.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I haven't told him that in ages. I feel all warm and fuzzy now :D

11. pallister

pallister Guest

And you know this because of all the talks you've had with tattooed people, right? I'm sure some of your closest friends are tattooed and thus you understand perfectly the mind of the tattooed people, who, obviously, are all the same.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have one tattoo...well I guess it's two. I got the chinese symbol for clarity, because it helps me to know it's there. In Seattle, I added two small daisies, one on each side, yellow and orange.

Total, it's about an inch high and three inches long. On my shoulder. Can't see it unless I'm strapless or in spaghetti straps.

Draft saved Draft deleted