1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tasting my pie *now with re-heated updates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Nov 26, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Re: Tasting my pie

Good point. He drove specifically to a McDonald's to order a Southern Chicken Sandwich with extra pickles.

I don't care if I offend anyone, but I contend that anyone who knows specifically what a Value Meal #1 or Value Meal #2 is, is a Looser.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

There is, IIRC, a precedent for this. Story was that a state trooper in Indiana a few years back hit the drive-through at BK, and got a cheshire-cat grin from the employee at the window, who made it a point to say, "you enjoy that, how." So the trooper took his burger to the crime lab and had it examined. The lab found saliva, which has, among other things, DNA in it. The expectorating employee was arrested, or so the story goes, for attempted assault with a bodily fluid.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to sue, but I would make a point of taking it back and complaining. Yes, it's McDonald's. As a colleague once said, "It ain't fast. It ain't food." Still, they can't be sneaking bites from food that is then served.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You may be thinking of what happened here in Evansville.

It was at a Backyard Burgers that, weeks after the suit was settled, mysteriously burned to the ground.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The people on this thread who are shrugging this off with the logic of, "it's just McDonalds, what do you expect?" boggle the mind. This isn't the cook putting on pickles when you asked for no pickles. This is someone FUCKING EATING FOOD THAT THEY'RE SERVING! Just because it's fast food doesn't make it any less reprehensible.
    Granted, getting the guy who did this fired probably won't affect his pursuit of meth and parts for the '83 TransAm he's restoring. Hell, he'll probably end up at Burger King by the end of the month. But something needs to be done about this, whether it's a call to the manager, an e-mail to corporate, or a lawsuit. It's a public health issue that goes beyond the 99 cent value of the pie.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I know No. 1 is a Big Mac; it's been that since I can remember. And I think No. 2 is the two-cheeseburger meal; because that just makes sense. Call me a loser. I don't care.

And to further cement your case: No. 4 is the double-quarterpounder meal and No. 7 is the crispy chicken; those are my go-to meals when I hit McDonalds three times a year. And it just stands to reason that No. 3 is the regular quarterpounder meal. But other than that, I don't know the value-menu options.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Shitburger?
    [​IMG]

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'll take the teen meth's saliva in the cherry pie over what they put in the McRib by design at the processing plant.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thank you for posting that. I'm glad I wasn't the only fucker to get the reference.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Date: Friday, October 11, 2002
    Section: Metro Page: A1 Edition: Final

An Evansville teen was fired from his restaurant job and found himself under arrest Tuesday night after he allegedly spit on a city police officer's hamburger on Monday.

Jeremy R. Sapp, 19, faces a charge of malicious mischief, a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

Officer Dave Dassell stopped for dinner Monday night at Backyard Burgers at 5020 W. Lloyd Expressway. He ate the hamburger and as he was leaving the restaurant, an employee stopped him.

Restaurant manager Kathy Stewart then informed Dassell she was told by an employee that Sapp spit on his burger, a police report said.

According to the police report, the witness quoted Sapp as saying, "You see that pig, I just spit on his food!" He then added, "For real!"

The police report says that Sapp, when questioned, denied spitting on the hamburger. "He stated he was talking about a music video," according to the report.

Sapp was in the Vanderburgh County Jail on Thursday night on $5,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court this morning.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought for sure I was going to learn about one of the cool euphemisms kids are using these days.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Unfortunately, the image is from ML2 ... still, the point was made.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted