1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tasting my pie *now with re-heated updates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

So, yesterday I went to McDonalds to pick up a McRib and a couple Southern Style Chicken sandwiches with extra pickles. I added on a couple of apple pies.

I got home and ate the McRib -- my first one ever...not bad -- and the chicken sandwiches. I didn't have room for the pies so I put them in the fridge 'til today.

I just heated them up and brought them back to my computer. I opened the first one, and it's not even apple. It's cherry. Whatever, no big deal. I'll still eat the fucker. But, before I do, I opened the other one to see if they got that one right. Keep in mind, both boxes say, 'Baked Apple Pie.'

I slide it out slowly...another cherry pie...although when I slid this one out...wait for it...there is a gigantic bite missing. I checked inside the box to see if it had broken off, despite the teeth marks and roundness of where the perp bit my fucking non-apple pie. Nope, no piece in the box.

Is there a statute of limitations on something like this? It was yesterday and I no longer have the receipt. The pie is just sitting in front of me right now, mocking me in all its non-apple, bitten cherry glory.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: Tasting my pie

You know, this is a much more normal post than I was expecting with that title.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So bottom line, someone got an unauthorized taste of your cherry pie?

I once got a chocolate milk from McDonald's for my kid that had been opened and was about 1/3 gone.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

You must be very flexible.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Exactly, Ace.

I'm not even sure how I feel about this. I mean, I'm pissed I got cheated out of a pie, but on the other hand, I'm thoroughly impressed at the perp's brazeness.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

OK, question: Do you live alone or with wife/girlfriend and kids or a roommate? In other words, could someone in the house have taken that bite?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Someone did you a favor. Quit eating that garbage.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Just eat it.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Take it back and loge a complaint.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

If you are dumb enough to order "apple pie" from McDonald's ....

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think poindexter may actually have a point here, P_O.

Draft saved Draft deleted