1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tastes Great. Less Filling.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I see where Miller Lite is re-doing the old White Can Miller Lite for a short time.

www.millerlite.com

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The "Tastes Great, Less Filling" ads were great. Of course, both parts were a total lie, as Miller Lite is bitter swill. And it doesn't matter how many fewer calories there are, you're still drinking 12 ounces of fluid and you're just as full as you would be if you drank 12 ounces of fluid with more calories.

If you're going to drink beer, drink a real beer. The only way light beers help with dietary concerns is if you're drinking 30 a week.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Miller Lite. I also rather enjoy Miller High Life.

If it's cold and within reach, chances are I will drink it.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

#science

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Drinking Miller Lite is not a choice. People are born that way.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ranking of beer
    1 free
    2. cold
    3 free and warm

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I still don't understand how Bud Lite, Miller Lite and Coors Lite became seemingly the most popular beers in America.

No wonder the Europeans laugh at us.

8. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Have you met most Americans?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My youngest brother is married to a woman from Scotland. Some years back they went to Scotland to visit her family for the holidays. He said he was pissed he couldn't find a place that had Coors Light or Bud Light because "their beer is shit!" My old man, born and raised in Glasgow on McEwan's and Tennant's, turned in his grave.

Draft saved Draft deleted