1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Target vs. WalMart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 20, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That's why you turn it into a day trip. :)

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

"I'm so keen-o on Beef-a-ree-no."

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Their commercials are so damn catchy! http://www.slate.com/id/2165669/

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's no Target where I live and there is no other store besides Borders I'd rather have. I like Target.

Wal-Mart? I think I've made my feelings known on that place.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They still got that fantastic liquor store right as you come into town from the south? The one on the right on the highway with the chick who always seems to be drunk behind the counter?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Id like to see your ode to Target.. wont have the same flair.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I like Target. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a Dawn Of The Dead scenario where the Target shoppers are stuck inside the store surrounded by Wal-Mart shoppers ravenously wanting to ruin a good thing and turn Target into Wal-Mart.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Have a Super Target with groceries, Starbucks, Einstein Bros., &c. a few miles away from me. Much nicer than Wally World. WW does have a better music selection, but there's a kickass independent record store downtown I go to for music.

Not as much of a crowd, less mutated customer base and the prices run about the same as Wally World. Men's clothes are much nicer at Target than at WW, as are housewares --- Target seems to be a bit more stylish and eclectic, while Wally World is all about the cheap (makes dormware look expensive).

Like the kid in the movie (which I think is on HDNet tonight), I don't want to go to Wally World.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm a big fan of Wal-Mart.

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Love Target, haven't shopped at a Wal-Mart in years. Prefer the clean, well-lit, tidy atmosphere in the RedDot to the manic free-for-all in that 3rd-world country they call Wally World.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I set foot in a Wal-Mart once, about 5 years ago, largely against my will.

It will never happen again. It was actually worse than I expected, and I expected a raging shithole.

I go to Target 2 or 3 times a month, although I pass the one closest to me to go to a newer, nicer one about 4 miles away.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Aside from the people shopping there, Wal-Mart's just fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted