1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Target vs. WalMart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 20, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And all this complaining about Wal-Mart and K-Mart, well feast your eyes ... on THIS:

[​IMG]

Think what would happen if Family Dollar, Payless and a flea market made a baby and dropped it off at a South Carolina strip mall. While drinking a warm store-brand orange soda. In July.

Happy shopping!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy shit, haven't seen one of those in about a decade. The one in my hometown closed down in the mid-90s.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Byerlys is, indeed, the best in the biz.

And the prices are in accordance.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'll second the Whole Foods shout-out. I love it there.

I think I'll stop there before I leave town.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I don't shop at either regularly (though they're around), though I always put WholeFoods on the same level as Harris Teeter. Both a hell of a lot better than the Giant a block away, but falling short of Wegmans.

That said, 2mcm, Publix looks damn nice. They need to move a little further north...

And that Roses place looks slightly nicer than the old Strawbridge-Clothier mess, Clover. There's gotta be some other Pennsylvanian here that remembers Clover. Mom & Pops drug me to Clover and Hess's in Allentown every Saturday (though the downtown, high-rise Hess's was actually pretty cool).

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Anyone ever shopped at Venture back in the day? Kind of like a Midwestern low-rent Kmart.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember those. There was one in my city, but it was right next to a Target and it seems like it lasted about 2 months. It was probably more like 2 years, but I'm not sure I ever went there.

My impression is that it was more in line with Target though, as opposed to playing to a bottom feeder like K-Mart. Again, I didn't go though, so I don't know.

We also had some ALCO's. Those are pretty shitty, too.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

My God, even the picture is depressing. Looks like every strip mall I've ever seen in Florida (sorry folks it's nothing personal but your strip malls are depressing).

Wegmann's RULES. Coolest damn store on the planet. I wish we had one around here. Whenever we go upstate, we hit one at 11 pm, just because.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

You got something to say about strip malls in Florida, dork? :)

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All your Packers and hunting gear is at ShopKo doncha know ...

[​IMG]

Buy your brats at Sentry.

Draft saved Draft deleted