1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Target is coming to Canuckistan! Should we celebrate?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Target is awesome... always smells like fresh pretzels. Always enjoyed going there as a kid because it wasn't scuzzy like K-Mart and my mom would by me a slurpee there. Also, they currently have the most delicious breakfast burritos at their cafe. Yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Walmart in sheep's clothing

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

No, she would buy you an Icee or some other off brand.

There is only one Slurpee and that's sold at 7-11.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I concur that Target is much cleaner than your typical Wal-Mart. They have decent apartment/dorm stuff: dishes, furniture, artwork for the walls.

The grocery prices are also better than your typical store--at least in my area.

Their clothes aren't bad either--still made in China, but you can get argyles for $2.50 a pr.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think it was called NorthAmericare Park somewhere along the line, too. Can't remember if that was before or after Dunn Tire Park.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The funny thing for me is the nearest 7-11 is in Saskatchewan or Colorado.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I had heard that the Target in my college town (at least back in the Stone Age when I was there) was the highest-grossing per square foot in the company, mostly thanks to move-in week for students. Place would get annihilated, restocked, annihilated again.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Same around here. Target must be doing OK, because they have two stores in the same town in Rhode Island. (One is in a mall, but still.) It's kind of like the unofficial shopping town of RI, since pretty much all of the box stores have a shop there, but Target is one of the few to have multiples, along with Walmart, and Stop and Shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted