1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarantino+Pitt+dead Nazis=Awesome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Life, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

QT profile in GQ. Pretty funny at the end when he gives the waitress hell.

And I so don't believe he'll stop making movies at 60. I think he'll be more Altman than Coppola when it comes to quality as he ages.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_9977

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Saw the trailer the other day. Looks like it'll be great fun. In an institutionalized, uniform-wearing Pulp Fiction sort of way.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Julia Dreyfus (Sofie Fatale from Kill Bill), Samuel L. Jackson, Rod Taylor, Cloris Leachman.

Can't wait

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I don't even care what the reviews say, I'm seeing it. Even if it sucks, it's going to be great.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You perplex me. :D

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

How come it's not marketed like Kill Bill, as:

"The FIFTH Film From Quentin Tarantino!"

So basically, every five years or so Tarantino stirs, makes a movie with some great camera shots, fast dialogue, fast action, graphic violence, that freely lifts from many previous films, and the critics fall all over each other to praise its "Originality."

Works for me. You bet I'll see this one.

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Space Cowboys was the same way. Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Garner and Donald Sutherland? Who cares what the movie's actually about?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There's a line I stole from a comic book to describe the Transformers sequel that will probably also apply to this one -- Tis glorious crap!

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm been meaning to see the 1978 original, but Italian action/comedies from that era are a little tough to watch.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Read one of the scenes in last month's Vanity Fair. Seems like Mr. Tarantino is going to get my $10.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Um, Bill was, ya know, killed in 'Kill Bill Vol. 2.' I'm thinking 'Kill Bill Vol. 3' would be rather dull.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe he's living dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted