1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tar Heels probe expands into academic misconduct

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lone star scribe, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Butch Davis has always been an overrated fraud. I just didn't know it's because the term papers were all frauds.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I dunno about this one.

Now what I can see? The so-called Chapel Hill fans all about the countryside who will not only claim that it's football so it's not a big deal, but also that they're "UNC/Carolina basketball fans" so this doesn't really matter to them.

Fair weather much? But you can bet on this. I grew up around this sort of "logic" in regards to the Chapel Hill faithful.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

My key word is some. You're describing a somewhat larger populous than I was.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Have a Tar Heel fanatic for an in-law and here's some of his/her logic for you: Any accomplishments by Mack Brown (who had the gall to leave UNC) at Texas must be dismissed because "he gets all the talent he wants."

Not my logic, mind you.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Which is why your comment is farther off the mark than Sam's.

Your odds of finding anyone at the university who is "giddy" about this are somewhere between hitting the lottery and getting struck by lightening.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Roy Williams has some issues, and not all of them are because of a roster he recruited that had absolutely no heart. But he's not a grave-dancing sort. Bottom line: You think this is going to help his ability to recruit?

Yeah. Me neither.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It still amazes me that possibly the greatest football player who ever lived played for UNC.

8. franticscribe

Charlie Justice?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Blue font?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. franticscribe

Of course

11. printdust

printdust New Member

An easier body of work would concern finding out how many schools properly conduct themselves academically.

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'"

12. franticscribe

And today Dick Baddour said the academic misconduct may go back years:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09/09/672431/baddour-uncs-academic-issues-older.html

Draft saved Draft deleted