1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tar Heels probe expands into academic misconduct

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lone star scribe, Aug 26, 2010.

1. An academic tutor for Butch Davis' son is apparently the focus of the ever-widening investigation at North Carolina. This will not end well.

[flash=200,200]http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/08/26/648977/unc-to-hold-news-conference-on.html[/flash]

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

*popping popcorn*

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If you share the popcorn, I'll find the beverage of your choice for this one.

Oh. My. Goodness. Chapel Hill in trouble with the boss?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, it's football, so it doesn't REALLY matter.

But I still wish ill on the school as a whole.

5. Sam Mills 51

Tell John Swofford this. He still thinks people will fill the stadium for an ACC Championship football game. :)

(I hear you, IJAG ... promise. But it's still messy.)

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Does it mean that UNC Asheville will get three years probation?

7. Sam Mills 51

If it were basketball, at least a dozen other schools in the UNC system would be quaking in fear. But since this is football, Butch and his guys might take the punishment in the shorts themselves.

At least Chapel Hill is finally opening up about this. The silence was deafening and highly suspicious to this point.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The sick thing is that there are probably some basketball-minded people at UNC who are giddy right now.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So does this mean Butch won't be replacing Derek Dooley next season, like so many Vol fans expect?

10. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

If Butch set out to turn UNC into the USC of the east, good job

As an NCSU grad and Cleveland Browns fan, I'm eating this up

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

No one at the school is giddy about this. If anything basketball-minded people are furious that the football team is bringing this kind of shame on the university. Well, perhaps not as furious as the academic-minded people, but you get the point. This is hugely embarrassing.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Damn, just when it looked like ACC Football was going to be a major player on the national level.

Draft saved Draft deleted