1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tar Heels face the music

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lone star scribe, Mar 12, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Word came down about three posts before yours and before anything Scott Van Pelt said on the radio. You two should try to keep up.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I was against them hiring Butch Davis in the first place. Had a bad feeling right from the beginning.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One thing I've never been clear on, when the NCAA takes away a school's scholarships, does that mean scholarships that open up due to graduation/leaving the program, or just the total number of scholarships.

Because I would really hate to hear about kids losing their scholarships because cthe oaches/boosters/idiots fucked up.

4. I read it as starting with next year's recruits (class of 2013). So they would come out of your scholarships freed up by the seniors graduating in 2013. Retroactively going back and taking them away from players already in school or who have committed would seem overly harsh.

Now, class of 2013 seniors have the option of transferring without penalty because of the loss of the bowl game. What I'm wondering is whether incoming players who have signed letters of intent can get out of them and go somewhere else. The school wouldn't have to release them, would it?

Draft saved Draft deleted