1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tar Heel sj.com: Opinions needed on Henderson, N.C.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, May 21, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My brother has an offer to manage a store there, but none of us have ever lived remotely close. Any clue what the place is like?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Pulled off the highway there during a fairly recent road trip. It was like we stopped for gas in a DMX video. It was a surreal scene to say the least.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One drawing card. Henderson is the corporate headquarters for Roses. So, if he wanted to go shopping without the hassle of getting all fancified for Walmart, he should have one or two of these stores in town.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My uncle was mayor of that town in the early 70s.

5. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I've only driven through Henderson on I-85, but it's only about an hour or less to the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill). And I'm pretty sure there's a lake/state park there, too, that I remember driving past.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

While there's no reason to be in fear of the place, I also cannot say that it has any serious appeal.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Henderson's pretty fucking lame, but it's near Lake Gaston and not terribly far from Raleigh-Durham. COL is pretty low too. I stop there for gas or food on trips every so often, and I've never been struck with the desire to explore it more. But there's BBQ.

Draft saved Draft deleted