1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tantrum of the season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Jun 2, 2007.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Phillip Wellman managed here back in the late 1990s. He's a character _ for good and bad. He was nice enough the few games I covered.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

To pretend he was in battle and throwing a grenade was classless and I hope he gets 50 games for just that part.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

The army should sign him up toot sweet, because if that really had been a grenade it would've done a tremendous amount of damage. Perfect placement.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

He managed the Bees? Wow, I wonder if he did developed any style points for that tantrum at Community Field??

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

He had a couple that I remember. Nothing on this level.

6. D-3 Fan

I guess Wellman finally broke out of his shell last night. ;D Ah, gotta to love Single-A ball in Iowa (Burlington, Clinton, D-port, Cedar Rapids). Fuck you Waterloo for breaking my heart and not renovating Municipal Stadium. Could have kept the Diamonds in town if the city wasn't so stupid and oblivious.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Did he have a 'Nam flashback?

8. D-3 Fan

9. KG

KG Active Member

Can you imagine the fines and points penalties if a NASCAR driver were to throw a tantrum like that? I guess every game has it's "thing" though.

10. that was an eruption. Pure and simple.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Glad to hear my old stomping grounds soundly like it had a full house last night.

It's a beautiful ballpark in Chattanooga, one of America's most underrated towns.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

True. But people in other sports are allowed to have personalities, unlike the robots that Mike Helton and the Frances want in NASCAR. Keep those freakin' sponsors happy. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted