1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tank Johnson gets eight games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Jun 4, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The commish has spoken, and slapped Tank in a similar vein to Henry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-tankjohnsonsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Spnited will be pleased.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Off topic, but mmmmm sportschick's side saddle. :)

4. sportschick

It's on my desktop now. Mmmmm, indeed. I do love me some tennis boys.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

About what I expected. If Tommie Harris is fully recovered and Dusty Dvoracek can play, I don't think the Bears will miss him too much.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

It looks like that guy's eating a rat, SC.

7. sportschick

Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: It's Rafa Nadal eating a chocolate tennis racket on his 21st birthday this week. Mmmmmmmmm, yummie!

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, so here's a question. Johnson has been to jail, gotten released, gets 8 games from the League.

Pacman Jones has not been to jail and gets a full season.

Anyone think this may help Jones gets his suspension reduced, or do they wait to see what happens in Vegas first? Whether we like him or not, Jones is getting a bigger punishment from the league without having been sent to prison for anything, and I think it may help his appeal.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Poor Pacman Jones. :'(

It might help his cause a little, but his pattern of behavior is well-established, and that is what I think the NFL will argue in making its case he deserves his punishment.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Spnited thinks the fucking crimanl thug bastard got off way too easy.
    He deserves at least a full season...with the caveat that any slip-up as minor as jaywalking and your criminal ass is out of this league for good.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I have no sympathy for the situation he's got himself into, but how can you justify a shorter suspension for someone who has been sent to prison for his pattern of behaviour over someone who hasn't?

12. sportschick

You need some chocolate . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted