1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tank Johnson Arrested Again!?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I dunno. They played a helluva lot better than I thought they would last year.

I don't know how old you are, Doc, but if your NFL memories go back to the mid 1980s, you could have listed about half the Packers' roster in that fun-with-quote.

Where have you gone, Mossy Cade? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to your police record.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Brent Fullwood? George Cumby?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm 25, so my NFL memories started in '85-'86. I played Jim McMahon in my kindergarten graduation rendition of the Super Bowl Shuffle. There's a VHS of it floating around somewhere at my parents' house. However, I have no memory of any Packer who ran afoul of the law back then.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

It wasn't so much they ran afoul of the law as they just sucked.

5. Bubbler

Fullwood wasn't a crook to my knowledge, just a dumb ass. I don't think Cumby was ever in legal trouble either.

I'm too lazy to look up the other mid 80s Packer miscreants. James Lofton was on trial for rape, but those charges always struck me as trumped up. Then again, Lofton (and Lynn Dickey) were my childhood heroes, so I'm looking through rose-colored glasses on that one.

6. Bubbler

Which means one of your earliest memories is watching Charles Martin slam McMahon into the Soldier Field turf. That warms my heart. :D

7. pallister

pallister Guest

As much as I hate the Packers, the Dickey-Lofton-Jefferson trio was fun as hell to watch.

EDIT: Fuck you, Bubs.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Personally, I would have fixed the quote with Najeh Davenport because I still crack up when I think about that story.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You know, that incident was the first and last time I heard my sainted mother ever utter the N-bomb. And yes, she is Chi-Town through and through.

Draft saved Draft deleted