1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by reformedhack, Jun 6, 2011.

1. I heard about this at my old paper several weeks ago. GOD DAMN IT! This sucks.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the Kings ever leave, they can just fold the section... Sad... It doesn't seem that lojng ago that The Bee had someone at most Bay Area professional sporting events.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No shit. Doesn't seem like that long ago there were four of us there and we covered all the local high schools, six ACC schools to varying degrees, NASCAR, minor league baseball and whatever else came up. Damien will be doing well just to keep up with GW-Danville all by himself.

4. MLancaster

MLancaster New Member

5. doctorx

doctorx Member

Work smarter, more with less, dedication, blah, blah, blah...

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Who is this year's intern from Gainesville to give the ME a blowjob

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Have a friend/former co-worker who's still somehow there. The downfall has been pretty brutal.

8. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Point of order: It was the executive editor who received the gratuitous public sucking up from the intern, and she left the company nearly two years ago. Also, the intern wasn't hired. And it happened three years ago. So, really, all things considered, we can let it go at this point.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

10. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

Even if Danville cut the number of high schools it covers in half, one person couldn't do the job. This won't sit well with the natives, although most of them have probably become accustomed to MG's slash and burn of Danville the past three years or so and wrote the paper off years ago.

And my heart goes out to all the people in Tampa and wherever else is making cuts. I was hoping there would be an end to this at some point. I'm continuing to be proven wrong. :-\

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That's what she said.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What was the name of that intern?

Draft saved Draft deleted