1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa Tribune preps coordinator

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 85bears, Jul 10, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

Good paper and the job would seem to set someone up to either move up to better beats within the paper, or to qualify him/herself for future management spots there and elsewhere.

Only question would be what kind of salary this would be - I'm guessing $40K-$42K?

Company: The Tampa Tribune
    Position: Prep Sports Coordinator/Reporter

Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: August 14, 2006
    Job ID: 657880

Description:
    The Tampa Tribune is seeking a senior reporter/editor to coordinate coverage of Pasco County sports, specifically high school/youth sports for The Pasco Tribune section, TBO.com and WFLA-TV. This person will oversee two full-time sports writers as well as several correspondents. Responsibilities include writing columns, features and news stories, including occasional stories for the full-run newspaper. The schedule includes nights and weekends. Minimum Experience: 5 years working for a newspaper. Please send resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to The Tampa Tribune, Attn: Nick Pugliese, Senior Editor for Multimedia Sports, Tampa Tribune Sports, 200 S. Parker St., Tampa, FL. 33606

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

salary would have to be more than that. it's Tampa. Can't be the cheapest place to live.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I'm sure others will chime in about salary and the Trib's cheapness later, but does anyone know if this was Joey Knight's job? If so, did he leave? Does all this come from Rozel's departure (she was the former prep coordinator/editor)?

How much writing is actually involved?

Do I ask too many questions?

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

5. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

On my God! Your cartoon is hilarious!!!!!!!

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What's Knight doing at the Times?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

40K in Pasco county is pretty good money. Pasco definitely isn't Tampa...it's much cleaner and a bit cheaper. Living in a growing area like Wesley Chapel on 40K is a relaxing life.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

And remember -- all together now -- no state income tax.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Might be able to squeeze $40K, but probably not much more, if the job is just Pasco preps.

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

It's Joey Knight's old job. Tribune has three high school reporters in Pasco County, and this is the senior of the three positions.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Did Knight take a Pasco job at the Times? Or something better?

12. zman82

zman82 Member

hate to ask again but ... does anyone know how much writing this actually entails? and they mention a full-run paper, so i'm assuming this is a weekly section/bureau spot, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted