1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa Trib apparently makes deal with Tallahassee paper for FSU coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by reformedhack, Jul 25, 2008.

1. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced every reader does, but I do know there were (are surely still are) many vocal readers who kept track of these things -- and others -- when I worked at the Trib.

I'll cite one extreme example. Every May, we used to look forward to an annual report from a reader who would tabulate the daily square inches of space we devoted to FSU vs. daily the square inches of space we devoted to UF.

What I'm saying is, they notice.

2. The Dude

The Dude New Member

Just wanted to jump back in and say that the entire Democrat's not terrible. Corey Clark, who they hired to cover preps last year, is putting out some good stuff and is allegedly going to help cover FSU this fall. (No, I'm not Corey, but I do know him). Be interesting to see how that works out since Ellis has never really split the beat and isn't known for playing well with others.

But back to the main topic ... I love this business model that the geniuses that run our newsrooms have come up with. The Tallahassee Democrat, which puts all of its Florida State content online for FREE is now going to charge the Tampa Tribune for the right to put it on their Web site for FREE too.

Just to recap: The Trib is going to PAY for stuff that the Democrat is giving away for FREE. I like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted