1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa travel advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jun 13, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's what she said. I mean, what you said. I mean.....shit.

2. JackReacher

Back from the Tampa area. Enjoyed it a lot, especially spending most of the week in the pool or on the river.

Went to Columbia in Ybor City. Lived up to the hype. Also went to the Aquarium while we were there. Pretty neat place.

Had a good time in Clearwater. The Hyatt Regency was awesome. Expensive, but worth it considering 99% of the places to stay within a couple miles looked like roach motels. Jesus. I can't believe people stay in some of those places. It reminded me of Ocean City a little bit. Ate at Crabby Bill's and watched Nats-Mets on TV. That worked.

Did some shopping for dinner at Publix, which was only about a mile from the house, which was nice.

Renting a jet ski on the bay was perhaps the highlight. One hour gave me time to ride from Clearwater to St. Pete, along the bridge to Tampa and back. Just awesome.

Lots of titty bars along Rt. 60 in Tampa. Never made it to Mons Venus, unfortunately.

Savannah was awesome. Had a great dinner. Went down to the RiverWalk. Walked around the City Market area. Definitely want to go back when I have more time.

Overall, a quality vacation.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We're heading to St. Pete's in two weeks. My aunt lives down there, not far from Derby Lane greyhounds track. Anyone know if kids can get in there? Back in the day when I was going to the track in FLA nobody under 18 was admitted. Website doesn't say, just says kids have to be at least 10 to get into the dining room.

4. JackReacher

One of my regrets was not going to one of the dog tracks in the area. Just didn't have the time. I did, however, have the time to lose a good bit of money at the Hard Rock...on fucking War. Yup. War. Might as well just handed them my money and walked away. So stupid.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Don't forget to tip your waiters/waitresses and bartenders! [/crossthread]

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's right, fucking cheap Canadians!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Especially the ones from Ontario.

The Canucks from out West are ok.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed, they are the worst!

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Glad to hear you enjoyed Columbia, Ryan.

Draft saved Draft deleted