1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa travel advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jun 13, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

From what I remember of Publix, they're basically the same thing. Big-ass grocery stores that have a lot of other good shit.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dreu says Wegman's is better. :p :D

3. JackReacher

And I don't disagree with that. Wegman's is bazilly. Just a gigantic selection of beers (and wine), too.

4. imjustagirl

Ooooh bazilly. Is that a new Sonnerism? I'd just gotten caught up on the others. :(

5. JackReacher

Haha. Nah. Shamlessly stolen. Very useful word, though. Don't say it around Moddy. He'll play the out of touch old man card and pretend not to know what it means despite telling him 8478467346367 times previously. :)

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

For the record, Wegman's is actually cheaper or equal to most other grocery stores. They have such an amazing selection that you can always find good cheap options. Also, their store brands, which are really cheap, are often better than the national brands.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Where I used to live, I had two grocery stores within 1/2 mile of me. There was a Wegman's 15 miles from me. I went to Wegman's. And I'm a poor student, so I wouldn't do that if the prices weren't good.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I have a Food Lion.

9. imjustagirl

My friend gave me a chocolate flavored rice cake yesterday, one of those little mini ones. It was delicious. Tasted like Cocoa Puffs. I asked him where he bought them. He said Aldi.

I decided I didn't like them that much.

10. JackReacher

You're right. The cheapo brand stuff, which we buy all the time, is really not as expensive as I was thinking. Very affordable. I just get all pumped when I go there and buy way more shit than I really need. :)

Wegman's is a popular Sunday afternoon eating place for college students trying to get rid of their hangovers.

Creo is right, too. Our Wegman's is always packed. Also, they have shit like rhino meat and other cool shit I can put on my grill. And lots of beer. I may have mentioned that.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Do they have ostrich eggs like at Whole Foods? I almost dropped 20 bucks on one so I could have a Fred Flintstone omelet.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, their beer selection is incredible. Also, it's nice in PA because it's one of the few places you can get 6 packs. The one I went to here wasn't that crowded. When I was up in Ithaca, that would only get crowded weekend afternoons. It was a great place to go at 1 a.m. whenever I was bored and couldn't sleep. If I could do PR for one company, it'd be Wegman's.

Draft saved Draft deleted