1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa travel advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Is the Boot Hill Saloon still among Daytona's finer dining and drinking establishments?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My wife hates to go to the the grocery story, and she loves Publix.

They also make a really good key lime pie.

Everyone I know loves Publix. It would be interesting to know just exactly what is different between their stories other groceries.

I know they pay their people pretty well and they get stock and such.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

By "finer," do you mean they mop up the puke in the corner twice a week?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm a sandwich and burrito guy. If I go to a town all I want to know is where is the best place to get a burrito and what is the best place to get a sandwich. When I lived down south the answer to the burrito question was nowhere. This was before there was a Chipotle or QDoba every 100 yards and the answer to the sandwich question was Publix.

There is a Bel Air store in Northern California where they have Publix-level sandwiches, take out Chinese, restaurant-level sushi and vietnamese spring rolls (the cold ones) and if I still lived there there would really be no reason to eat anywhere else.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When I was there they only mopped it twice a week during spring break and bike week. Must be going semi-Swanko.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nearest Publix from where we're staying is about 20 minutes away. Well worth it. Especially if we're already nearby for something else. Even if we're not.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

hah, You must have had a piano player with sense of humor. They guy we called got mad and sent the waiter over to tell us to stop calling.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I got the organist at my wedding to play "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" while people were filing in. You could see people stop, listen and think, "Is that what I think it is?"

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Is Busch Gardens worth a visit? Haven't been there since the late-70s.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've made more than my share of Publix detours when I've had to travel to Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa, Jacksonville over the last few/several years. People who have never been there look at me like I'm insane... People who have been there understand...

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Haven't been to Busch Gardens in a while, but I can tell you that the Lowry Park Zoo and Florida Aquarium are great if you've got kids in tow. Lowry Park has the best children's zoo area in the country, bar none.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We tipped heavy -- he was appreciative and willing to bend the rules a bit, much like the graphic arts students at the Mons later that night.

Draft saved Draft deleted