1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa reaction: Not good

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. You need more people covering the economy. More quotes of financial advisers saying people should stay the course. More Joe Public folks saying they might as well go to Vegas as put money in the stock market.

That's good journalism there.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Actually, that would be preferable to what they really want. They're cutting sports back so it is "balanced" at the same level of shittiness as the rest of the paper. Because actually covering stuff costs money.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm waiting for a "hyperlocal"-obsessed paper to cut coverage of all road games. Because, of course, those aren't true community events. The reporters can just watch on TV like everyone else. Duh!

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Maybe they should twitter a funeral...
    Even country weeklies do two section papers.
    Is Tampa trying to run the paper into the ground on purpose? Devalue the paper so they can use it as a tax write-off.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Mizzou, Gene is a friend. Do you know him personally? Has he done anything to you?
    If the answer is no, how can you hate someone you don't know and only read.
    I like your opinions but hatred is such a strong word.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

That day is coming faster than you think sir.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Drip,

I'm pretty sure that Mizzou has been in a few press boxes with him. Mr. Frenette does make an impression.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Gene is harmless and while he can be aggressive, is a pretty good guy. I'm sure Mizzou has his reasons and can more than speak for himself but hatred is pretty strong.
    Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to keep things mellow without name bashing.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He didn't name bash. Just said he hated him. Didn't even say he's a bad columnist.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ace, you know how things get started on the threads. Just trying to keep it nice and mellow. Sort of like a Sunday afternoon stroll by the lake after football season, know what I mean?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you implying that Mizzou and Frenette were lovers at one time?

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

28-page, one section paper. I'm assuming this Edsel of an idea was a broadsheet?

Draft saved Draft deleted