1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tally HO! 2012 British Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 16, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Two things:

1. Every time they say Muto's name on ESPN, I think they're saying Punto.

2. I'm doing online scoring for the first five groups tomorrow. If anyone's up at 1:30 a.m. ET and cares, holla. :D

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Nice pick, my man, movie star Rock, 2nd from the bottom.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Phil at T101....currently +3 through 14.

Must be tuckered out from another Italian vacation getting cut short.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Do not concur. LOVE Alliss and what he brings to the telecast.

What I don't love is the way Justin Rose -- my pre-tourney pick -- is playing. WTF? Everyone else outside of Lee Westwood and players nobody's heard of is bludgeoning the course in the morning. Where are you?

Meanwhile, I await the "this isn't real golf" idiocy from our less-enlightened, contrarian-for-the-sake-of-being-contrarian folk who will go unnamed here, save for his name starting with the 26th letter of the alphabet.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love Alliss and what he brings to a telecast. Would get a kick out of it if they brought Faldo in for a little bit with Azinger and Strange, like when they were Ryder Cup captains.

The voiceover guy's voice is amazing. Rinaldi can turn a steaming pile of goat-shit into a masterpiece. From Tirico, to Azinger and Stange, to VanPelt, McDonough....all the way down.....very good job.

Gotta go back to the commercial music though.....do what you've done before though.....play the British bands. Loved it when you went to break with Learning to Fly from Pink Floyd a couple of times some years back.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Isn't the voiceover guy Ian McShane?

Rinaldi is fantastic. ESPN golf--with this crew--is always solid. When they invite Berman, I cringe and change the channel to one of my other Direct TV feeds.

Like this morning, I listened to the international broadcast a lot for Alliss. Love him.

And did anybody else catch Gary Player's attempt at a funny (about the Japanese player) while he was on the air? Loved Sean McDonough's comment after.

And I got Zach Johnson at 70-1 yesterday. Liking that pick at the moment.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

My problem with Strange and Azinger is they sound so similar, can never tell who's talking.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Welcome to fucking Deadwood!

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the international feed on DirecTV. Will definitely watch that again tomorrow.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I just got done with Doug Ferguson's AP copy. Holy hell. I feel like I went up the river in Apocalypse Now.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The BBC feed was great today. ESPN crew is solid. Still prefer the CBS crew on golf. By far.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The script for that movie is shorter than his Round One gamer.

Draft saved Draft deleted