1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tally HO! 2012 British Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Enjoyed Garrity's take on the tabloids.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-british-open-tabloid-target

And just saw a tweet that Damon Hack has left SI for Golf Channel.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Tally just told me she doesn't like you calling her that.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tiger said the course is not playing that long. Which means driver is not a huge weapon, which means that Tiger can lean on his most dependable weapon, mid iron play. He's got a good shot.

Oh and he loves the Open, its his favorite major, so he's already got 90% of the Americans beat (who despise it.)

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My teeth just got discolored reading this thread title.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A few hours from the first tee shots. Sounds like the course is a brute this year with all the rain. Love how the R&A lets the weather set the conditions. Lots of rain -- the rough, er, heather, will be long and gnarly. No rain, it's burnt out and like playing on a runway.

It seems to be a British sports summer. Murray at Wimbledon. Wiggins and Froome at the Tour de France. Olympics in London. I'd put some money on the English Three -- Westwood, Rose, Poulter -- to win it.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think Poulter winning would be cool because I like his flair. Even someone out of the blue like Ben Curtis/Hamilton would bee fun (Rock?)

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Tigerwatch begins.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not sitting through 72 holes of this. See you on Sunday if Tiger or Phil is on the leaderboard.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought the John Daly meltdown was beginning on 6. He was 1 over through 5, then tripled 6. But he's 2 under since then, so that's good.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Daly's slacks pushed the limits of my high-def set.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I didn't get up at 4:30 to watch the Bob Hope Desert Classic. I want wind . . . lots of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted