1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk show host says reporters shouldn't report, gets zinged by Simers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Back from a long trip and glad to see everyone is still concerned about my opinion. And your right, mine is the only one that counts. It's a message board. But dare any so-called "journalist" or columnist to press the same questions and they might find themselves doing stats from endzone seats. I can appreciate that.

I'm also shocked to see that no one disputes the lapdog claim. To clarify, not every sports writer is a lap dog...you get some lions, but they are a dieing bread.

My man Outofplace: I love facts...not so much factual information. That sounds more like someone's perception of the facts. And at the very least, I'm ranting, how about you big man? You seem more defensive. Do you feel more like maybe you guys are licking Pete Carroll's balls? Maybe he'll give you one of those dynamite "team effort" quotes.

From your post higher up, It's fairly juvenile to bust out the bank account on someone...I'm down with that. It's silly. But it sure is fun, especially with the cockroach being bitch-slapped is the same one name calling: "Mr Gandhi was a scrub at the DMN and never made it in the business." You gotta admit, that was pretty juvenile as well.

As for the story on Reggie Bush...sure I'll read it. I don't mind it either. I would also like to see a story on how USC spends its bowl money. I love what someone said about USC being a private school and not needing to disclose that. Well, in that case, then Reggie Bush is a private "STUDENT-athlete" and needs not answer for anything cited in the story as well. How can we consider an institution's privacy before a student-athlete? Are you people insane.

Yeah you're right, not in the business any longer. Selling in an industry that contributes to society and criticizing you people is more fun.

But maybe the king balls licker is Montezuma's Revenge: It's takes a real man to call somebody out. Yeah, maybe it's easy to sit back and call me a former DMN scrub...so be it. I can appreciate that. My 5-year career tanked at age 22, most certainly from episodes of my own doing. I can live with it. What can you live with? Hiding behind your handle like a pussy. Big man, you obviously know how I roll...and you know I roll in style. Good luck to you, prick.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"dieing" "bread" . . .

Beautiful

I can see why you're out of the business.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Obviously you are a man deeply in love with yourself. I'm sure that helps keep you happy.

Actually, I don't know how you roll...just how you say you do. I honestly don't care. And as for me being defensive, I'm not the one who turned to name-calling. You are.

And yes, I do keep my anonymity on this site. It's simply easier that way. I prefer to vent without repercussions, though I believe anybody who knows me in the real world could figure out who I am very easily from the things I've posted. If you did chose to out yourself (I have no idea who you are), that's great for you. Can't say I really see you as more of a man for that, but whatever keeps you happy at night.

4. Obviously you are a man deeply in love with yourself. I'm sure that helps keep you happy.

Actually, I don't know how you roll...just how you say you do. I honestly don't care. And as for me being defensive, I'm not the one who turned to name-calling. You are.

And yes, I do keep my anonymity on this site. It's simply easier that way. I prefer to vent without repercussions, though I believe anybody who knows me in the real world could figure out who I am very easily from the things I've posted. If you did chose to out yourself (I have no idea who you are), that's great for you. Can't say I really see you as more of a man for that, but whatever keeps you happy at night.

[/quote]

The anonymity, nor any of the last graph, was directed at you...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The anonymity, nor any of the last graph, was directed at you...
    [/quote]

Ah...clarity....

6. donaugust

donaugust Member

I see a fair amount of juvenile behavior, come to think of it.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One of the primary drawbacks of testosterone, actually . . . especially once you've passed
    out of your twenties . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted