1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk about your unfortunate typos ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

One our Catholic school field hockey teams was coached by a nun several years ago. Tough to contain myself on a call-in once when she said the match went to a strokeoff.

2. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Not me, but a colleague once quoted a losing coach as saying his team didn't have enough fingers to plug all the holes in the dyke. I swear it's not me, swear it. But I giggled a lot.

3. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Trying having Titusville in your coverage area. The u usually went missing once a year.

4. Faithless

Faithless Member

Don't worry, Apeman. I missed it, too.

The city neighborhood planner who writes a column that requires extensive proofing/rewriting for my community news magazine included a bit about a female college student serving as an intern with the city's planning department. He wrote that her duties include "working with the pubic."

Nothing was said by my editors about pubic (an indication of how little they read my section?), but one sweet person who works at City Hall called me to say the neighborhood planner was embarrassed by it. When I looked at the column he emailed, he had written pubic.

And there was the time a local community college sent out a news release about an event, saying it was "open to the pubic."

Draft saved Draft deleted