1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk about an overreaction

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, May 4, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Batteries.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Satisfaction for a job well done should provide sufficient incentive.

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

Horse racing certainly has its shady elements, but those top-line horses are cared for better than probably any other animals on the planet.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Better than 99.9 percent of the people on the planet.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/55889/"> You want some comments that will make you scratch your head? Check out the comments at the end of this posting on PETA's Web site.</a> Here's one of the gems:

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

PETA, ACLU, the NRA ... their main goal is to make money. They do so by keeping themselves in the headlines.

As for PETA, I've always wondered where they draw the line on "ethical treatment of animals." They're against horse racing, fur coats and say eating meat is murder. But if I unleashed some sewer rats in their corporate offices, would they try to feed and take care of them? Or would they call an exterminator? How about a swarm of cockroaches? Would they ethically treat those noble insects or buy cans of Raid?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Every horse that runs in the race is a winner.

Why should we have to pick just one?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

They try just as hard as the rest.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

There is no doubt a need for reform of some sort in horse racing. But placing the blame soley on the jockey is one of the most cruel and unfair statements I've heard in a while.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Fuck PETA and the horse they rode in on.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I love animals - I really do. Fried or barbecued.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I was waiting for this. I can be argued that this was the subtext of a Sunday column written by a board favorite for a pre-emenent national daily.

Draft saved Draft deleted