1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk about a Wild fire ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Nepean Knights. Steve Yzerman played for them.....and now they play in their league's Yzerman Division. Cool.

The situation itself? Not cool. Half the team now wants to follow the coaches out the door.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hence the reason Tier II - certainly in the Toronto area - is referred to as the Daddy League.

And, Fly, kids these days have also been known to bitch that the ice isn't cold enough. (Hope you get that reference, since I think you were the one who told me about it.)

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Indeed I do...and interesting it's brought up in a thread about a fire, too.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What are there now, 150 teams in Ontario?

As Huggy said, Tier Two's the league where rich parents buy teams so their kid has a place to play.

Anyway, good for Galley.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

DaCosta, 42, the head equipment manager for the Wild from the beginning, reached into a cabinet and pulled out one of the blowtorches players use to custom bend the blades of their sticks. He pushed the ignition button and released it, and there was only a short burst of propane. He held the button, and the torch flamed to life.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_14079204?source=most_viewed

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

You got me.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Because of your shame at laughing like a little girl? Never!

Draft saved Draft deleted