1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk about a gun for an arm

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I used to watch quarterbacks try something like that at the end of most every Saints practice. Trash can in the corner of the end zone, throwing from around the 30. They almost never made it. Of course, the "best" QB out there was Aaron Brooks, so ...

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Gee, I wonder if you might have just a tiny bit of bias that would be the reason for you saying that.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

I don't mind being duped, especially if it's done well. What's good for the goose... :)

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Candians are so gullible.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Point was, the hula hoop and the car window would be at roughly the same height. I don't doubt he could make it into the car window. Now, make it back out? Yeah, good luck with that. The guy I saw jump through the hoop went into a somersault as soon as he made it through. If Maroney did that his ear would end up in the cupholder.
    Didn't Maroney have some sort of bizarre shoulder injury last year? Maybe he was just practicing this stunt.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm, breaking a skeet target isn't that difficult. They're made of clay, limestone and a bonding agent, not titanium.

Now if he was able to hit a moving clay pigeon (as they're called) with a football, that would be much more impressive than actually breaking it.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Right. But to hit a moving clay pigeon with a football AND break it, since they'd both be going the same direction? impressive.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

;)

But really, Braylon Edwards probably can't catch a football blindfolded and Chris Cooley isn't going to punch through dry wall to catch one either. And Maroney diving through a car, eh.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really think the Edwards one is legit. The ball was coming out of a JUGS machine. If you practice it a few times, you can work out where the ball is going to be (with the guy feeding it) and when it's coming (by the sound of the machine). It's not like the ball was coming in at 100 mph, or the machine was moving around on a truck. Might take a few tries, but if Tiger Woods can do that trick where he bounces the ball off the clubface and then hits it, I think an NFL-caliber wide receiver can catch a few soft tosses blindfolded.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, and Americans aren't?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks be to gullible Americans for inflicting these two on the world.

Oh yeah, and bite me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Candians are so gullible.

And touchy.

And humorless.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not in the mood for jokes at my expense today. Most days, okay. Not today. And especially not from the likes of you.

Draft saved Draft deleted