1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk about a gun for an arm

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Years ago I quit underestimating the gullibility of Internet Nation. People will believe ANYTHING.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You see the one where that dude does that whole walking-on-water thing? Makes Joe Flacco look like a pussy.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was too busy drinking wine made out of water.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

This is real, and although much simpler, it's impressive. (Kinda long, though.)

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think some of these are real. The Chris Simms one where he throws the ball about 50 yards into a trash can (including one on a moving golf cart) is probably an actual drill for a lot of quarterbacks. The kicker ones seem legit. Those guys are always doing goofy things with the football.
    I even think the Braylon Edwards blindfold catch one is legit. If he knows where the balls are going, it's not too hard to catch them. Once you get past the fact it's Braylon Edwards, I can buy it. Even the Chris Chambers catches are plausible.
    The Maroney dive, though? I'm drawing the line on that one. I have seen in person -- several times -- a guy jump through a hula hoop that was being held up by a person sitting prone on a mountain bike, so it's not impossible. He was a hell of a lot skinnier than Maroney, though. That particular video also seems to skip for a second right when he dives through the window.

6. imjustagirl

One hula hoop is one thing. A car, which is like five feet wide, and he twists his shoulders through the windows on entry AND exit and stays at the same height the whole time?

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ummm...Yeahhh

Guy is insane.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Thanks, Poin.

Full of fail, I be. I was had. :)

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sorry for believing that, you know, maybe the guy actually could jump through the fucking car. Like I'm supposed to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't.

Fuck sakes.....great big balls of fucking sunshine, you two are.

10. imjustagirl

Sorry, DJ. The Easter Bunny will come along in the spring to make you smile again.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The other thing is, do you really believe the Pats would allow Maroney to attempt that? What if he were to mess up and screw up his shoulder.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Flacco's is by far the most believable out of them all.

Draft saved Draft deleted