1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute boy, 7, as spy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was at the march on Washington. The crowd was huge.

And did you see that special Rachel Maddow did on MSNBC? it was great. I think Chris Matthews is working on one now.

But I'm really proud of the way Harry Reid has made an issue of it. He's continuing in the grand tradition of Teddy Kennedy -- who famously stood up for Soviet dissidents -- in shinning a spotlight on the issue.

And, I got a little teary eyed the other night when the leaders of the women's movement came together to jointly condemn the Taliban.

2. YankeeFan

What are you inferring?

3. mb

mb Active Member

I'm as Republican as you'll find and even I think you're full of shit.

4. YankeeFan

Yes. You've pointed that out several times.

What being a Republican or a Democrat has to do with being horrified be evil and wishing to condemn it confuses me.

I never remember, do we like Hitler and hate Stalin, or is it the other way around?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was trying to think of a proper response to your posts. The above will do.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In the meantime we are still compliantly putting our tooth paste in Glad Bags and waiting hours on end in airport security lines.

YF - posts about the bad stuff the taliban does is always relevant. Specially now that there has been some discussion to give them a seat at the Afghanistan governing table.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A request was made. The request was fulfilled. You might want to direct your issues with the person making such requests next time.

8. mb

mb Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That was not my point.

10. YankeeFan

Who picked the jury for this kid's trial?

Couldn't they find any moderate Taliban? Maybe he would have gotten off with life in prison if he had a better lawyer.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

This.

I can't believe people are arguing on a thread started because of an act that should sicken us all, regardless of how many fucking people Hitler and Stalin killed, regardless of your goddamned precious politics.

When something like this is allowed to happen, if it is not greeted by universal outrage and condemnation, and a sincere desire to apprehend and punish those who are responsible for such an atrocity, there is no hope for Afghanistan. Nor is there any hope for the rest of this fucked-up world.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah the attitude of "meh, the Taliban is evil, bfd" is disturbing. And this is one of the weirdest threads I've seen in a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.