1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute boy, 7, as spy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please. Post a link to an act that was more despicable than this that happened in the last day, week, year?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes, this is dispicable and I have a real problem with it.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Looks like the AP's bullshit meter gave at least a couple jingles in the course of running the story, since of course it's entirely possible Karzai's bubble-gum-and-chicken wire government might have some incentive to 'embellish' (aka completely fabricate) the facts.

That said, Taliban = Bad bad bad. We need to kill as many of them as we can as fast as we possibly can.

They've been killing kids for years. This shouldn't come as any shock to anybody.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure I did. They killed men because their beards weren't long enough, and women and girls because they dared to have their faces uncovered and go to school where they might learn that they don't have to obey long-bearded men all the time.

Most of us know the Taliban is evil. Interesting thing is, supposedly, the Taliban was trying to pull back on their evil ways because the rest of the population was tired of their bullshit and, thanks to the U.S. and its allies, actually were capable of fighting back.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A New Jersey man threw his 3-month-old daughter off a bridge into an icy river and was charged with her murder.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700011756/Father-of-missing-New-Jersey-baby-charged-with-murder.html

Wow. That was real difficult.

6. YankeeFan

That's a horrible story.

It's a shame that child didn't get a trial like the child in Afghanistan got. Maybe someone would have objected to her father, Shamsid-Din Abdur-Raheem's plan to throw her off of a bridge.

7. mb

mb Active Member

^KEYWORD(S):=((APNewsAlert))=@BC-AS--APNewsAlert,0019
    KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Taliban is really, really bad.
    AP-ES-06-10-10 2227EDT

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think it's wonderful that you were able to find another horrifying story about a child being murdered. I like how you then accessed your sarcastic side while patting yourself on the back for performing a google search related to children, again, being murdered. What a noble thing, comparing the killing of children. You're so brilliant for being able to get over the "daze" of a seven-year-old's murder. Outrage is an important emotion. I think it's appropriate in this particular case. You are very skilled at finding it when discussing airlines or economics. Christ.

9. YankeeFan

BP = Bad -- Let's Boycott!

Bush = Bad -- Let's March in the Streets!

Taliban Kills 7-year old = Bad -- Eh, Let's move on

10. mb

mb Active Member

You're right. Somebody should really make a point to recognize how bad the Taliban is. I mean, NOBODY has made that point the last ... oh ... however many years.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

What are you implying here?

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I would like to go throw up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.