1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute boy, 7, as spy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't even know what to say...

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't think Karzai's "crime against humanity" line is going to have much impact on a bunch of people who aren't even remotely human.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Taliban are really bad people? Is this supposed to be some big news flash or something?

I suppose you're trying to imply in your usual disingenuous-troller style that certain people ought to be getting right out there and putting an end to the Taliban, right now, today, but of course OTHER certain people had eight years to put an end to the Taliban and didn't get very much done in that regard, so... what eva

::) ::) ::) ::)

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What the fuck is wrong with you? A 7-year-old is executed and you want to bitch and moan about YF being a troll and taking a shot at the previous administration. Next time you want to play Mr. Crime and Punishment Tough Guy, just STFU.

5. YankeeFan

You don't think this is astounding? A new low -- even for the Taliban?

As evil as I knew they were, this shocked me.

You can call it trolling, but would you rather ignore ignore this?

I think it's important to realize just how sick some people are.

6. mb

mb Active Member

^KEYWORD(S):=((APNewsAlert))=@BC-AS--APNewsAlert,0019
    KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Taliban is bad.
    AP-ES-06-10-10 2227EDT

7. YankeeFan

OK, I guess this isn't news.

Bad = Executing 7-year old.

Maybe we should set up a midnight basketball league for these guys and they'll stop killing 7-year olds.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hitler and Stalin killed 100 million between them. If you are astounded by anything that's happened in the past 60 years, I can suggest a few good history books to put things in perspective.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How about putting in perspective how sick it is that some people aren't fazed by the execution of a child?

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I wonder what the perspective is of the parents who watched their seven-year-old child get abducted from their home and hung in public, which is what happened here. There's your perspective.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What do you want? A child is killed and/or starves to death every day. You happened to find a story about it today. You must have missed the ones who were killed yesterday. And the day before. Whether in Afghanistan or Darfur or China or Paraguay or the USA.

You can either spend your entire life being in a daze over it . . . or not. Since the former is not an option, that leaves only the latter.

12. YankeeFan

Honestly, why do some of you have such a problem with recognizing the pure evil of the Taliban and groups like them.

Did you know that they were capable of murdering a 7-year old? That astounded me.

If I will stipulate that Stalin & Hitler were pure evil incarnate, will you give me your true reaction to this news?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.