1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking Mrs. Dan on a date, Thursday ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

We don't get to go out together often, and when we do, we like to catch a flick ... she'd like to see "The Blind Side" ... anyone seen it? How would you rate it ...

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Good film ... even if Mrs. Hickling isn't a sports fan, she'll enjoy it. It was one of the very few pictures I've seen where the crowd applauded at the end.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I recommend it highly, Dan. Nice true story, and something that will have you leaving the theater feeling good.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Mrs. Dan?

Is there a Lt. Dan anywhere in the family. :) :) :)

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

After the movie, you could try to sneak into another one... ;D

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

YES!!!

And, there ain't no trying about it. DO IT!

:)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Go see Up in the Air. It stars George Clooney. 'nuff said.

8. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I love the input ... Mrs. Dan isn't into sports at all (we have other things in common) so I was very surprised when she suggested this one ... we don't have a Lt. Dan in the fam, but we do have a Pastor Dan (my son, Dan the 10th) ... I like the idea of sneaking into another film ... except this is one of those dinner and movie places (the food is pretty grim) and I'd probably be on the hook for another dessert, something my belt line just don't need ....

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I recommend it. Good movie, not too heavy on the football. There is Joe Theismann footage (yes, that footage), but the rest of the movie is good.

10. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Thanx for the head's up on Theismann ... I'll manage to distract her (I always carry mistletoe for such occasions)

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you need to start a thread for dating advice, y'all probably aren't going on enough dates. :D

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Give her the shocker. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted