1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking care of a shaved head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FileNotFound, Jun 27, 2011.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Because I wore a mullet-like hairstyle well into the '90s, I'm being punished with male pattern baldness.

Today I took the plunge and had my head completely shaved.

Now I ask: What is the best way to take care of said shaved head? Straight razor and shaving cream? Electric razor? I'll be wearing hats when I'm outside as much as possible to prevent sunburn. What other things should I consider?

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What is CNM?

Is it like McDowell's from Coming to America?

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Ooooh, you could turn your head into a man-o-lantern!!

[​IMG]

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Looks like a clown on his chest. Where'd you get a pic of Bachmann's gigolo?

6. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I surrendered to my dramatic baldness about two years ago (at the ripe old age of 24) and have gone the Mr. Clean route ever since.

I use a nice Gillette razor and shaving cream every four or five days. Seems to work just fine.

Use sunblock! Especially at first. Even if you often wear a hat, the sun will find a way to scorch you.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I go with the tight-stubble setting on my clippers.
    And I hit about once a week.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

http://www.headblade.com

9. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I use a single-blade, cheap-ass yellow Bic razor every few days. I find the multi-blade ones (which I still use for my face, by the way) clog up way too much with head hair to be efficient.

10. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

My hair is so full and thick that I have to buzz it with a '1' once a week. And it's still a little fluffy on that sixth day. A real pain in the ass.

11. maberger

maberger Member

mach three every three days for real clean. and get a handheld mirror to hold behind your head to check your entire scalp.
    moisturize/sunscreen
    shave in the direction your hair grows, otherwise you'll start getting ingrown hairs/bumps along your scalp

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Six minutes... nice

Draft saved Draft deleted