1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking a positive from a negative...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 27, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So the Max and Erma's in the Detroit airport finally brings my food 32 minutes before departure, and I'm 22 gates from where I take off. I scarf down my chicken sammich and scoot down to my gate, making it about 15 minutes before takeoff. Get settled into my seat, stuff crammed overhead, and I'm ready to go.

Except they have to make a repair on some console thing that involved turning off power. Which involves deplaning.

So I gather my crap back up and head back into the airport. Found a nearby bar with Sunset Wheat on tap...so all is OK.

Not to go boots on anyone, but anyone else have tales of good coming from bad? Entertain me for the next 35 minutes until we're supposed to take off again...

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Just have another Sunset Wheat or three and be happy it's 35 minutes not 3 1/2 hours. ;D

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you flying Southwest, IJAG? If so, take off enough clothes to get kicked off the plane and you can be on Oprah or Bill O'Reilley tomorrow.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You mean like the time a boy bought me lemons instead of oranges and I made lemonade :D

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I once missed a flight, which was the result of rather odd circumstances, and thusly landed at the bar until I could take the next one. I then expenced my bar bill. So, I didn't have to do any work that day and my drinking was entirely paid for.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nope, Northwest. Wrong damn directional airline. Welcome to my luck, Ace.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They lost my bad last time I flew. Be careful!

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Crap. LAST thing I need is that, sc. Crap.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

A lost bad is a very bag thing.*

Says the king of typos ;D ;)

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Go to the restroom and tap your foot.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Too bad they don't have a Red Lobster there.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That will get her put on blast. Don't want that.

Draft saved Draft deleted