1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take your damn doughnuts and git!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 13, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're my Nutmeg boy, but Dunkin's Donuts are way the hell overrated. I'll eat them, but as Junkie says, they're overcooked to the hilt. Except for their awesome coffee rolls, I won't go out of my way for Dunkin...like I used to with KK. Sigh.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Grimace and dixie: Anyone who goes to KK and gets anything but plain glazed should die in a burning pit of hell.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The few times I've had donuts from Krispy Kreme, I felt like I was going to keel over.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sorry bud, I gotta stick with Dunk's. I guess it's an irrational brand attachment, but dammit I like them. :D

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Home Depot Canada is run anything like Home Depot here, Lowes should kick its ass (again.)

And ijag, you are halfway there. Now we just gotta get you to enjoy them at the right temperature.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Uh, dude ... you're the one getting all bent out of shape over the fact a man doesn't like a doughnut.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The only reason we don't like KK is because were damned libruhls. :)

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Where should I jump in? Their chocolate glazed doughnuts are decent, and their custard-filled chocolate offerings are more than passable.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Christ almighty, Junkie, like you've never done the same thing you accuse JR of. ::)

I don't like Krispy Kreme's. I love sugar, but it's way too much. And I like to taste some of the donut itself, hell, I like to SEE some of the donut, not have it look like Jenna Jameson's face post-grill finishing.

Horton's are the best (and I've never lived in an area that had them either). Dunkin's are OK, but I'd rather eat Entenmann's from the store than KKs.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, please. I said I didn't like them and I explained why. Chill the fuck out.

I actually don't give a shit whether you like Krispy Kreme, Tim's, DD or deep fried prairie oysters. Eat what you want.

What irritated mostly about Krispy Kreme's little venture into Canada wasn't the fact that their doughnuts suck and their coffee is barely hockey-rink worthy but that they had this arrogant attitude about how they were going to convert a whole nation from Tim's and that us liberal Canadians would see the light and give up our Timbits and double-doubles.

Sadly, they're mostly gone but there's a little schadenfreude at work here.

From the Canadian perspective, it was kinda the fast food equivalent of a Pet Rock.

11. KP

KP Active Member

That's quite the visual, Bub.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, it's Bub. Perfect. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted