1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take your damn doughnuts and git!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've hit Dunkin' Donuts a couple of times on my trips south of the border. Very good Tims substitute, both for coffee and double chocolate donuts.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When thi sign is lit, Krispy Kreme is pure bliss. Otherwise, very ordinary.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, you were born to be a Torontonian but you just won't admit it. :)

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I considered becoming an Ottawanian last week.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, see dixie, I HATE hot KKs. Hate them. Gross.

Room temp, however? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What was his name? :)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I join you in your JR jihad. :D

Krispy Kremes are sinfully good. Can't deny, though, that their lack of stores 'round here has been a good thing for my arteries.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

All kidding aside, I think it's probably a cultural thing. Canadians have been raised on the "cake" style of doughnuts.

Anyway, the whole marketing excursion into Canada was just wrong. It just made me think of Pet Rocks and Beanie Babies.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

JR

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

There's no doubt KK miscalculated on both sides of the border. They're flopping everywhere.

They're a perfect rest stop pick-me-up. But people's breakfast and/or coffee habits are too entrenched to make a dent with a real store...especially down here, where Dunkin is ubitiqueous (sp).

11. KP

KP Active Member

Here in the heart of Dunks country, both Tim's and KK have tried and both failed miserably. The only Tim's I knew of was 5 minutes from my house (very suburban location) and was done in less than a year.
    KK tried in more commercial areas, but didn't fare much better. One in Dedham is still vacant while the one in Medford became a Kelly's Roast Beef.

12. mmm, kelly's.  way too overpriced now -- was much better when they were limited to just the revere beach store -- but always a necessary stop when i'm on the beach. (the medford kelly's is next to pizzeria regina.....talk about artery overload, that duo makes kk look like a picnic by comparison.)

Draft saved Draft deleted