1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take your damn doughnuts and git!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

When Tim's switched to doing more central baking, it meant the stores I used to go to no longer had fresh donuts. They also fucked with my once-favourite donut, the venerable walnut crunch, by adding a glaze on it and basically changing the recipe as well. Consequently, I don't eat donuts anymore.

That said, it was always a guilty pleasure to stop at the Krispy Kreme in Calgary on the way home once or twice a year. My wife will not be pleased with this news.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A friend of mine loves Tim's sour cream donuts, but they can be tough to find because most places sell sour cream glazed. As he says, "the worst thing yoiu can do to a sour cream donut is to glaze the fucking thing."

3. terrier, tim's u.s. stores are bleeding cash. i think wendy's has put the chain up for sale/sold it. their locations in my neck of the woods get very, very little business, but the franchisee still keeps 'em open. they're neck and neck with honey dew, imo.

kk's are good when right off the conveyor. otherwise, not so much.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I am happy to be deepindahearta KK country. Dunkin Donuts have nothing on them. Starbucks is a surprise contender because they carry three of Top Pot's donuts. And Top Pots are made of the finest win known to man.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Paging Patchs, paging Patchs.

He's got a Tim opening up in his neck of the woods (Upper NY)

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

There are Tim Horton's in the U.S.??? Where?? Not where I live, sadly, or perhaps fortunately, given the potential impact on my waistline.
    I thought Tim's was something you selfish Canuckistanis kept for yourselves, along with curling and Ed Willes.

7. according to tim's web site (www.timhortons.com), they have stores in connecticut, kentucky, massachusetts, maine, michigan, new york, ohio, pennsylvania, rhode island and west virginia.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm from the home state of Krispy Kreme. And if there's a Dunkin' Donuts nearby, I'm choosing it instead.

I thought Tim's was outstanding while I was in Toronto. Too late to get one of those in my corner of the world?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Maybe was born to be a Seattlan. Seattlite? Seattltonian?

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Was always? It was only here for four years.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmm Krispy Kreme.

I might start a religion to it.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I prefer cake donuts to fried lard ones. Not surprising that I've hated my few Krispy Kreme experiences. I much prefer Dunkin Donuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted