1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take This Job and Shove it!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, after not so much deliberation, I've decided to quit my retail job after a little more than two months. I have enough ammunition against this place to write a successful book and I just might do that.

Now, what I'm wanting out of you kind, yet twisted souls is a way I should quit. Be reasonable, I'm not going to take down my pants and proceed to show them what I think about them but any creative ideas would be grand.

This place is more concerned about my shoes rather than what's wrong with the store. They push us to attack customers as soon as they come in the store, sometimes resulting in customers attacking us back but not as politely. The management is a joke, particularly my manager who if the guy above him stopped short my manager's head would go so far up his ass the other guy's new Adam's Apple would be my manager's nose. Oh and they can't even get me the proper shirt for the place, causing me to pay out of pocket for my own shirt and not even reimbursing me.

Let's not mention how I'm not getting any commission but I'm getting paid less than $8 an hour to sell computers and cameras. Also that I outsold everyone, including my supervisors, in the time I was there by about $15,000 and yet I was told it was a "slap in the face" because I didn't push enough installs and extended warranties on people.

Screw those guys, I'm going home!

I pick up my second to last paycheck on Thursday and I'm giving my I can so quit you speech shortly after.

Again, any thoughts on how I should hand in the unofficial Screw You to Circuit City?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Comet bomb the break room?

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

When I was working for Office Depot I told one of the managers to fuck off and threw my uniform shirt at her as I walked out the door. It felt really good.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Funny...I just remember saying something about this and you telling me that simply doesn't happen at Circuit City, or at least not at your store.

Huh.

Anyway, try just quitting. Don't have to get creative, don't have to piss on anyone. Be a freaking adult and quit a job.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don't burn a bridge at any job for at least five years.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Well, now that I had time to think about it IJAG, it happens way too many times. But when I wrote that I hadn't seen it happen as of yet. Shortly after I said that I had a customer get pissy with me over that. I thought of your words and laughed because you were so right.

I was also trying to be a "team player" for Circuit City on that thread, but screw them now. And yes, IJAG, I'm going to be an adult, I just thought I might have a little fun by putting this thread out there to see what possibilities would result out of the SportsJournalists.com collective.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you want to be a real dick...

Smear some Vaseline on a plasma TV screen.

But karma can be a real bitch.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Do you have another job or another source of income?

Especially in this economic climate, I wouldn't quit any job without another one in the bag.

Of course, if you do have another job right now. You can say to them have fun on the unemployment line when Circuit City closes its doors for good.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

How about being mature and just walking?

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Be a professional and give your two-weeks notice.

No matter how unprofessional your employers are to you, be professional to them.

Or you could always upper deck them.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Again, that's what I'm going to do, but I thought I'd at least get some laughs or some funny stories from the SportsJournalists.com collective first.

And Hank, I do have another source of income. It's a freelance deal with two newspapers that will pay more in two weeks than I earned in two weeks at the store. if I didn't have this fall back I wouldn't have considered this.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Upperdeck the ladies room.

Draft saved Draft deleted