1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take this driver's test. If you don't get 70%, please stop driving.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I failed Indiana's test when I moved back to the state from Kentucky several years ago. You could only miss, like, two questions of out 50 or something (I forget the actual breaking point), and I missed one more than the minimum.

I was mortified, but I heard many people missed that test because they didn't know they'd have to take it. When we exited Indiana again and came back a few years ago, my wife failed it. I passed this time.

Of course if Indiana didn't operate in every way with the torpor of the 1950s in its officialdom, it would do like most states and recognize a valid drivers license from another state is proof you were eligible to get one in Indiana.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, my bad JR. I read the thread title and thought only a score of 70 percent was acceptable. No higher, no lower. So I intentionally missed a few.

My bad.

3. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I too missed only that question. I guess I'll no longer be making left turns if I have to wait on an oncoming car that's 8 blocks away.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

2003 was a very bad year for me. Three wrecks. It's a wonder I didn't lose my license. Thought I was going to have to sell a child to pay my insurance premiums. But I learned my lesson. I always, always err on the side of caution now. I do wait until I see no cars coming before I turn left. Drives Mrs. Novelist up the wall, or at least the portion of the wall up which I have not already driven her.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Good God, it's not safe to drive with you people on the road.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

BTW, 85%.

/sheepish grin

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. We'd prefer to admire the Mounties from afar. :)

I aced that thing ... and the outing driver probably could with her eyes shut. :D

9. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

But I disagree, somewhat, with the one they said I got wrong.
    If you have trouble seeing other vehicles because of dust, precipitation, or smoke blowing across the roadway, you should drive slower and turn on your_______: (Select one)
    a. Parking lights
    b. Interior lights
    c. Headlights

Obviously if it's difficult to see you need your head lights on. Duh.
    But headlights are a given. If it's so bad that you need to slow down -- heavy rain, dust, fog, etc. -- than you also need to turn on your hazard lights so the schmuck in the SUV who is just plowing right through without a care in the world doesn't ass-end you into next week.
    I assumed parking lights were hazard lights and went with A.
    Honestly, I don't have a clue what parking lights are.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Having once ridden shotgun while IJAG was behind the wheel, I can attest that I felt at least 70 percent safe.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter. Most of those SUVs with the driving mentalities you depict - and there are entirely too many of them on the road - won't stop for you or anyone else. After all, they're driving SUVs! ::)

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Those are usually yellow. At least they are here.

Draft saved Draft deleted