1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take this driver's test. If you don't get 70%, please stop driving.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

95 percent, apparently I'll be running over pedestrians at unmarked crosswalks.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's a pain to stop for them, I'll admit.

But in the end it's easier than cleaning the blood and gristle off the fender.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

95 percent, but i'm disputing it. so, i want to turn left... i have to wait until i can't see any cars coming from the opposite direction before i can turn? bullshit. i'd be sitting there all goddamned day. i don't live out in the sticks.

4. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You really only earned a 90%. They just gave you the extra 5% to keep you from contesting and claiming you got them all right.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

70 percent, which is what I think I got on my test.

I missed the left-turn one, the one about arrows on highways (never seen an arrow painted on a highway), the braking through a curve and whatever else.

7. statrat

statrat Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Same here, on both counts.

I knew the slippery road one because it was my only miss for my driver's permit exam.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

80 percent. I haven't (knock on wood) been in an accident that was my fault in well over a decade, I drive safely by instinct.

Though I admit, I totally fucked up an obvious question when I quickly answered the slow moving vehicle as a construction sign -- saw the orange and blew by it. Should have looked at it longer.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

85 percent. Gave pedestrians too much right of way and the questions about turning your wheels when parking and where to park if your tire blows (actually had that one rt. and changed it).

Guess I'm OK as long as I dont' have to park!

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

When I moved to St. Louis a few years ago to work for the Sporting News, I actually had to take the test. Hadn't even given it a thought since I was 16 and passed it the first time.

I'm ashamed to admit I failed. Barely, but failed. Probably the only test I've ever failed in my life, ever. This is the first time I'm actually telling anybody. :)

When I moved on and had to get my Canadian license back, I was petrified they'd make me take it again. I found a work-around. :) :)

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You didn't do any of the driving up to the SportsJournalists.com outing, did you?

Draft saved Draft deleted