1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So The Queen and I are stumbling around the city that never sleeps like the southern tourist geeks we are for a few days, and we came across an interesting exhibit at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts (right next to the theater where we'll see South Pacific later today).

It's called Take Me Out To The Ballgame - a look at music and shows that relate to baseball in some way, are inspired by baseball, that kind of thing. A small exhibit but pretty damn cool. I sat in front of the TV with a headset on and watched all kinds of clips from TV, the movies *** had never seen the baseball scene from Ragtime.

If you are in the area, check it out. The tightwad in me loved the price. Free.

We also saw Damn Yankees tonight (based on a bad baseball team in D.C., how 'bout that?). Not great but Sean Hayes of Will and Grace fame stole the show. Fabulous performance.

I also got a way cool hat to match a way cool pair of shoes I own. Just call me Pimp Moddy. The Queen said it made me look "dashing" but obviously only so much because she's reading and I'm here. For now anyway.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought this was about O'Brien, Ryan and Goldberg trying to bag Esther Williams.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Update - get tickets for South Pacific right next door and make a day out of it. Cripes what a great show. Kelli O'Hara is amazing and The Queen is now planning to dump me for Paulo Szot. Can't say I blame her.
    Usually we get one clunker of a show but this time we went four-four: Hair, In The Heights, Damn Yankees and South Pacific. Damn Yankees wasn't great but Sean Hayes was terrific, worth the money by himself. I'd see all four again without hesitation.

Draft saved Draft deleted