1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take care of yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny_Dangerously, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Many thanks, Az!

Azrael likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Happy to help. Go get 'em.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Colonoscopy #1 minutes away ...

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Prep is the worst part.

5. Songbird

[​IMG]

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If you have no history of polyps, try ColoGuard next time.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The little nap is the best part. Ain't worth the prep, but ...

Songbird likes this.
  8. Songbird

No polyps, and don't need another one for 10 years.

9. Songbird

Looks like I was a good little boy, or took it like a man, during the probe ...

[​IMG]

From the report ...

After I obtained informed consent, a procedural timeout was performed. The scope was passed under direct vision. Throughout the procedure, the patient's blood pressure, pulse, capnography and oxygen saturations were monitored continuously. The Adult Colonoscope 321 was introduced through the anus and advanced to the cecum, identified by appendiceal orifice and ileocecal valve. The colonoscopy was performed without difficulty. The patient tolerated the procedure fairly well. The quality of the bowel preparation was adequate to identify polyps.

Findings:

-- The perianal and digital rectal examinations were normal.

-- Multiple large-mouthed diverticula were found in the entire colon.

-- Estimated blood loss: none.

-- The exam was otherwise without abnormality on direct and retroflexion views.

From mayoclinic.org: Diverticulosis occurs when small, bulging pouches (diverticula) develop in your digestive tract. When one or more of these pouches become inflamed or infected, the condition is called diverticulitis. Diverticula are small, bulging pouches that can form in the lining of your digestive system.

Famous people with diverticulitis ...

Brock Lesnar is incredibly lucky to be alive. Diverticulitis, left untreated can lead to serious problems. Surgeons have said that the damage Lesnar had from the illness showed that he went undiagnosed with it for a year, and he had many fights in the octagon while he was undiagnosed with diverticulitis.

Brock Lesnar has returned to the WWE, and his return is one of the most talked about returns in years. His return, however, was based on the fact that he retired from UFC, and his battle with diverticulitis was the likely cause of his retirement.

Brock was one of the greats in UFC until it was discovered that he had diverticulitis, an illness that could have taken his life, had he waited much longer for treatment.

In November of 2009, Brock was diagnosed with mononucleosis, and later in the month it was discovered he had a serious case of diverticulitis. The condition was so serious, that surgery was required. Surgery is not the first treatment for this illness, and normally only done when severe risk of infection or other health risks to the patient require a surgical intervention.

Full story.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

When I had my first one and they were doing the "What's your name? What's your birthdate? What are you having done today?" litany (which they only did three or four thousand times), the woman in the next stall, flustered I suppose, answered appropriately to the first two but then answered "A lobotomy" to the third. My wife and I were wondering, did we come to the wrong facility?

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Anyone active here? I'm in training for a half marathon on October 14. I have 9 miles this week and then a taper-down week next week before the race.

12. Songbird

My recent A1C score ... 7.5 ... everything achieved from 2017-2019 when it was down to 5.0 ... gone ... boom goes the sugar dynamite.

Draft saved Draft deleted