1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take care of yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny_Dangerously, Sep 11, 2003.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Does he still wear Sasoon jeans?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ooooh la la.

I dunno. He is sitting at a desk. I can see the velvet jacket, when he wears it, but not the pants.

BTW, I keep upping the pace on the jogging. I am not doing badly for an old man.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Another 7 days in the book: 49.67 miles.

I strained my right calf this morning 18 laps into the track workout but didn't want to be done after 4.5 miles ... went to the gym and did 8 miles on the Expresso bike which feels like a letdown even though I was drenched. 12.5 miles counts, I suppose, yet it feels incomplete.

After 28 weeks: 886.02 miles.

Fluctuating weight: 245-250. Struggling to get to 240 and lower but maybe a few weeks on the bike will do it.

4. Songbird

Another 7 days in the book and I've added the Expresso bike to the mix, which works up quite a lather: 44.08 miles

After 29 weeks: 930.10 miles.

I've also dipped below 245 thanks in part to the bike, 243 after this morning's 11 miles (elliptical, bike, treadmill).

Fluctuating weight: 243-250.

Spartan Squad and HC like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Great job.

Keep at it.

Songbird likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This morning I weighed in at 200 even. First time I could say that since 2010 I believe. Down 63 pounds since Christmas. Went clothes shopping today and actually tried on size 34 pants. Still a little tight but I'm probably 10 pounds or so from fitting them. It's hard to fathom after getting to the point where I would unbutton my size 38s because they were digging into my waist.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nice.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Nice. What's been your routine?

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I recently left a job that kept me behind a desk all day to one where I'm on my feet more. I've also done simple things like trying to get out a little more to go for walks or play golf. On top of that, I've cut back on how much I'm snacking during the day and managing portions at meals. Mainly I've stopped gorging on chips, candy and other snack foods, stopped having heavy lunches and tried to keep myself moving during the day.

10. Songbird

Another 7 days in the book: 88.98 miles.

After 30 weeks: 1,019.08 miles.

I'll check the weight next Friday.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

That’s awesome. Congratulations.

12. Songbird

Another 7 days in the book: 105.4 miles.

After 31 weeks: 1,124.4 miles.

Still unable to dip below 243 pounds, where I am right now.

It's a loss of 62 pounds since the start of this and short of starvation I think this is where the body is settling.

Draft saved Draft deleted