1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tailgating Writers Opportunity

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by hometeam, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I have lots of experience tailgating people on my drive home.

2. hometeam

hometeam New Member

That's not very professional from a "full member".

3. hometeam

hometeam New Member

ha ha, I agree!

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

To categorize "Tailgating Ideas" as a "very well-known and respected website," even in the context of, say, the middle of a seminar at a tailgating convention on Well-Known and Respected Tailgating Websites, is unintentially hilarious. Nothing worse than a tailgating site that people haven't heard of, or even worse, don't respect.

5. hometeam

hometeam New Member

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I 100% disagree with what you said. I ask you to tell me any tailgating websites with better content, that's my challenge to you.

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

http://tailgating.com/

7. hometeam

hometeam New Member

I agree tailgating.com has good content, however tailgating.com is more about 1 mans journey which I do find fascinating.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just as funny is the phrase, "several well known tailgating writers."

They may be well known in a very narrow circle of readers, but that's about it.

9. hometeam

hometeam New Member

Dear "Hank Scorpio" Maybe it's time to stop criticizing and move on. I am sure you have a very busy schedule to tend to. Enjoy life.

10. hometeam

hometeam New Member

Dear " Hank Scorpio" since you are an expert regarding the Tailgating and Sports Industry - what experience if any do you have, what are your credentials, lets take a look at your resume?

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

hometeam, don't take offense to anything other posters say. Some are just being funny, others have been around here a long time and have seen a helluva lot of garbage come through the freelance boards when they're trying to find some decent work.

If you're legit and you pay fairly and promptly (hell, if you're not legit but pay fairly and promptly, that's OK too), then you've got nothing to worry about. But if you're talking $15 for a story written by the world's greatest parking lot grillmaster, well, it's gonna be open season here. Until we delete your thread entirely.

12. hometeam

hometeam New Member

I appreciate that. We do not pay $15 for a great story/article I can tell you we pay significantly more than that.

Our pay is based on the persons experience and if pictures are included. So for all of those who have emailed me rest assured if we work together you be very satisfied with the pay and being part of something great.

Thanks to the good guys and girls here, I appreciate the responses and support for what is a real and legitimate opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.