1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tag, Touch Football banned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 19, 2006.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Why do you hate America?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm no parent, so perhaps this is a naive view, but for the most part, the worst that's going to happen to a kid playing tag or touch football is they break an arm or something. It sounds terrible and I'm sure no parent wants to see their kid in pain, but damn, a broken bone really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I, like most of you, played touch football as a kid. Hell, we played tackle football when we could get away with it. We played a game called "muckle," in which the object was that everyone -- I mean everyone -- tried to tackle the kid with the ball. It was one-on-30 mayhem.

I rode a bicycle with no helmet. I jumped out of trees just for kicks. Somehow, I -- and hundreds of thousands of kids just like me -- survived all that and didn't get brain damage (at least not from anything worse than excessive amounts of hops and barley).

Toughen up, you pussies!

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

If kids can't play tag and touch football at recess and lunch, it ain't America any more.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Terrorists = Ambulance chasing lawyers

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yeah, I guess that is one way to put it.

6. Were we the only ones to call it "Smear the Queer?" Not that we knew what exactly the word meant.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe they should just ban recess.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

From now on during recess, we'll have the kids go sit under the shade trees and smoke. They'll be safer that way.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Didn't I see somewhere that games like this were banned elsewhere because it harms the psyche of the person deemed "it"????

More retarded P. C.

It's gotta stop -- NOW!!

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I don't think the parents who had fun at these when they were kids are the ones clammoring for the changes. Methinks it would be the ones who were unsuccessful trying to impose on other children similar to the "bullies" they had in school now.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Could lead to dancin'.

Draft saved Draft deleted