1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taco Bell Commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the Taco Bell Commercial that just ran on NBC Sunday night football?

It was the Taco Bell president reassuring us that it was safe to go back. I thought it was a spoof. It could not have been worse. His voice was not even in sync with his lips.

Taco Bell please pick up the white courtesy phone.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

No, he isn't kidding. Roughly 40 people got sick up in C.F. (Cedar Falls, IA) at a Taco Bell via e.coli. From what was reported, it was tainted lettuce. It's serious shit up in my old hometown area.

3. Boom_70

I know he was not kidding. Huge outbreak in NY area also. If this commercail was designed to reassure it did not come close to the mark.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I couldn't even understand him....is he British? Selling tacos? In America? At first I thought it was a Chuck E Cheese.

I'm frankly more distressed by this Samsung TV commercial, there's a moment near the end with a cheerleader in slo-motion...which seems to showcase her bouncing flabby midsection. I know that sounds unkind, but I cannot be the only one who has seen this.

I don't think it's related to tacos, but I could be wrong.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I stopped eating at Taco Hell a long time ago because I had ... irregular bowl movements ... each time. They let that crud fester in those vats all day and then slop that pile of microbes on a tortilla. With Baja Fresh around now, there's no reason to eat that shit, and it's closer to the real thing than Taco Hell.

6. Boom_70

That may be the problem. Brits should be selling fish and chips - not taco's - I want to hear him say Chiluppa .

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was the Taco Bell president? I thought it was Tony Gonzalez doing a scarface impersonation.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They should have used the little dog. Let him bark at the camera for 30 seconds, and run the sub-titles.

'Woof! Woofwoofwoof!' (Our customers' health and safety is the most important thing to us!)
    ''Rrrrouwff, roooohh woof!" (The guy in charge of lettuce purchasing has been fired!)
    "No mas!' (It won't happen again. God save the Queen.)

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It's on www.tacobell.com if you want to watch it -- look under "Latest News"

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Sing it!

...Make a ruuuuuuuuuuuun for the toilet!...

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Uh, I'm gonna call sharing violation there.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Make a run, run, run to the bathroom!

Draft saved Draft deleted